Top 10 Reasons to Study Abroad in Switzerland
English, French, German, Italian
Germany, France, Italy, and Liechtenstein
The Swiss brand is internationally recognized. Think Swiss chocolate, cheese, watches, and the Swiss army knife. However, what’s lesser known is the prestigious place that the Swiss university system holds in the world.
With several top-ranked universities, the Swiss higher education system offers students the opportunity to take their education and future careers further! Plus, as a promoter of global participation, Switzerland is also an ideal choice for international students to study abroad.
Want to know more about what makes Switzerland one of the best places to study abroad? Check out our top - ten list here!
1. People as Diverse as the Geography Consisting of 26 federal states with four national languages, it’s no wonder the Swiss population is amongst the most diverse in Europe. International students can therefore experience Switzerland in the way that suits them best. Whether it’s around the Swiss Alps or the central plateau, in a large city or somewhere more rural, there’s something for everyone!
2. The Scenic Route Because of its rich diversity, international students studying abroad in Switzerland will never grow tired of exploring their new home. Luckily, there’s another group of people who love to set out and explore Switzerland’s natural beauty: the Swiss themselves. You can join the local population on one of the countless trains, boats, or busses for a tour through one of the world’s most beautiful countries. This popular Swiss pastime is perfect for any student looking for something exciting, relaxing, or even romantic.
3. The Alps Spanning across eight different countries, the Alps are truly a sight to behold. No study abroad in Switzerland would be complete without a trip to the Swiss Alps. Not only can you experience top-notch skiing and other winter sports, you can also immerse into a central component of the Swiss national identity. Appreciating the folk art, the alphorn, and yodeling are essential to understanding how the Swiss Alps have influenced the culture at large.
4. Adventure Sports If you love sports, you’re in luck, and if not, you might learn to love them! Many international students report that one of their favourite pastimes while living and studying abroad in Switzerland has been participating in one of the numerous adventure sports. Even if you live in a metropolitan city, the opportunity to go hiking, skiing, or biking is never far away. If you’re ready to take it to the next level, however, then test your skills at rock climbing, glacier trekking, or canyoning!
5. High Class Cities If you tried your luck at sports, but they still aren’t your thing—no worries! Switzerland is home to some of the world’s most beautiful and sophisticated urban centers. Whether it’s having a glass of wine at a trendy new hot spot or attending the opening of a new art exhibition, the metropolitan life is at its finest in Switzerland’s big cities. Walk the picturesque streets of Zurich’s old town or visit the United Nations’ European headquarters at the Palace of Nations in Geneva. You will fall in love no matter in which city you decide to settle.
6. An International Network According to Studying in Switzerland, nearly 25% of the student population in Switzerland is comprised of international students. That’s great news for a student who has newly arrived in Switzerland, as meeting other international students will be the quickest way to make friends and grow both your social and professional network. It’s also the perfect way to open your mind to new customs and traditions and even learn a new language!
7. The Rest of Europe at Your Doorstep Now that you’ve made some new friends and explored what Switzerland has to offer, it’s time to venture out and see the rest of Europe. Switzerland borders five other European countries and is well connected to all of them! Well-connected and efficient, Switzerland’s transportation system is ready to make your dream weekend getaway into a reality. So, cross the border into Germany and check out the Black Forest, or make your way south into Italy and visit one of the world’s biggest fashion capitals, Milan.
8. Efficiency is Key The success of the Swiss transportation network is made possible by the Swiss’ penchant for efficiency. It will come as a huge sigh of relief for students who have suffered through massive delays on New York’s or London’s metro that the trains run on a regular, timely fashion. But efficiency is key elsewhere as well. Official documents are issued on time and the universities are well-organized, meaning less hassle when it comes to migration paperwork and school registration.
9. A Safe Place to Live Being one of the safest countries in the world, students can lay to rest any concern they have about their safety while studying abroad. Violent crime is almost non-existent and the risk of petty crimes, such as pickpocketing, are very low compared to other countries. Therefore, international students can feel safe exploring Switzerland while just exercising a normal amount of discretion.
10. A Quality Higher Education
Most important for any student considering a study abroad experience is the reputation of any possible university. Look no further than Switzerland’s top-class higher education system. Offering an innovative environment for students and researchers to express their autonomy while receiving a quality, global-minded education, Swiss universities emphasize quality. Take, for example, Institute of Business & Management Science, which offers students from around the world a prestigious education in the hospitality sector.
But, no matter which degree program you choose, you’ll be happy with your choice to study it in Switzerland.
So, what do you think? Are you ready to start the amazing journey of studying abroad in Switzerland?
However, to obtain a study visa, it is essential to approach an immigration consultancy. The experienced consultants will help in processing your study visa application from documentation to visa approval. Knowledge Hub Global is one of the top immigration consultancy and having a 200+ admission and guidance centre in all over India, may be one of our centre is near to your place.
Contact @ 7359413213 / 7689900055 or drop your query at: